Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Holy Crap! aka wtf?

It's been a year?  An entire year?  Since I last wrote?  That explains my desire NEED of adult beverages!  No creative outlet = my thinking shots named 'chocolate cake', 'perfect pussy' and 'buttery nipple' were a good idea last Friday night ~ at the infamous AB's 31st b-day get together.  Ouch for the remainder of the work-filled weekend! 
So, in my world, this is a new year!  I will date (totally forgot to do that last 12 months), I will work LESS THAN 60 hours per week, I will have fun and travel and not shop for anything other than a house.  Those are my resolutions.  Mostly.  Starting now-ish.
I DID "run" the 1/2 marathon in Vegas in December.  If we use 'run' in the loosest possible meaning, or (how it really happened) I ran for 6 miles, power-walked for 1.3 after that, then walked/hobbled/crawled the remaining distance ~ which totalled 13.6 miles vs the promised 13.1 (that .5 REALLY did me in), as someone had mismarked the course.  I cried, actual huge/real/alligatoresque tears, the last mile+.  Because it had started to rain.  In other words, if you ever want to completely ruin a vacation, run a marathon or any portion of one.  Ugh and ouchie!  Poor D had to listen to me whine for the 4 hour ride back to Cali.  So glad I wasn't her, as I was actually a pain in my OWN ass!
The vaca part was good, up until Sunday evening.  It was NFR AND the Country Music Awards were in town.  And I won some money.  Because D made me gamble.  My idea of gambling is hoping they have my size at a shoe sale.  So I had to do something great with the moolah.  Like shop.  For a new fur coat.  And the fancypants new luggage needed to get gorgeous aforementioned coat back to Myrtle Beach.  Where fur coats are NEVER needed.  We had winter this year ~ it was on a Wednesday, if I recall...

No comments:

Post a Comment