Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Is this year over yet???

Sad, sad news ~ Besties's dad passed away last week.  Truly a depressing affair, loads of tears at the memorial service.  Especially sad during the holidays.  Some things I didn't understand ~ no one got up and spoke?  Only the Minister (Preacher?).  I have to say, I don't get the ways of the non-Irish Catholic folks.  No wake?  No up-all-night telling great stories about the recently deceased, laughing and drinking in his (her) honor?  No one speaking about wonderful memories?  I have decided that I'm not showing for my funeral.  Scratch that, no funeral at all.  I'd rather have a party (why stray from what you know, even in death?).  Use the insurance money on a couple of kegs and one of those groovy multi-margarita machines (to go home with the door prize winner).  Cover the floor in sand, play plenty of Jimmy Buffett and Kenny Chesney.  Show fun pics of me with all the attendees.  Tell only the fun stories, no sad stuff.  Use the flower money for fresh flower leis (I want EVERYONE to get lei'd in my honor!). 
I do want to be cremated ~ no need to take up room when I'm gone.  Ashes to be mixed up with those of my dearly deceased pooches and my Dad ~ to be tossed into the wind on a drinking sailing trip by good friends.  Oh!  And donate all of my viable organs ~ I would prefer to be as thin as possible when I leave here...

No comments:

Post a Comment