Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Things are looking up...?

Okay ~ the face is (mostly) healed, I might (finger's crossed) FINALLY have a date with "K" on Friday and work is improving.  Although, I now have THREE weddings to attend this year, cutting into my (I thought) abundant vacation time...  From now on I will only become friends with already married people that won't be sucking me dry of me-filled, hedonistic adventure time!
But I digress.  I now have piqued the interest of two more would-be suitors, although one seems scarily enamored of my shoe collection.  Foot Fetish maybe?  If the Choo fits...?  I see a mani/pedi Friday in my near future, to quote my sister.  The other seems a bit more promising, great sense of humor and, dare I dream, normal.  Have to wait and see if he uses those SAT worthy vocabulary words that give me goose bumps.  More to come on these latest prospects ~ those freak flags have a way of popping up at the most inopportune moments.
I am getting ready to head off to the Rodeo for 9 days ~ giving back by volunteering while having a "bit" of fun with old friends.  All the popular phrases apply here ~ 'Save a horse, ride a cowboy', 'Cowboy butts drive me nuts', etc...  That said, am ever so slightly worried about a recently single ex that has been in contact of late ~ 18 months of the "come here, no go away" game was more than enough 5 years ago.  Has he changed?  Am I a moron?  Time will tell!
On a not-yet-newsworthy side note, three days (yes, in a row) at the gym.  No major changes, but I have high hopes.  AND on the financial front ~ got a full refund on the cursed, nose-breaking shoes!!!

2 comments:

  1. When you used the word "hedonistic" I wanted to shout, "Props for the SAT word!" Then I about died when you used the SAT phrase later in the blog.... How much alike were we in high school??!! Good luck with that cowboy trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you weren't such a good girl now, we'd still be out there, missy! We have many more adventures to go...

    ReplyDelete